Here are all of my notes “live” as I’m preparing for the AWS-SA professional exam.
I initially was going to post 1 article covering all the domains… but that quickly spiraled out of control as the document became HUGE. Instead I’ll create one article for each of the domains as I go through them. This will be the kick-off article to this series wherein I’ll cover the exam, and the study materials I’ve been using.
Main site for all certs: https://aws.amazon.com/certification/
Here is the AWS-SA Pro Exam Prep Blueprint.
The following AWS whitepapers are called out in the exam blueprint. Read them. Know them:
- Overview of Security Processes
- Storage Options in the Cloud
- Defining Fault Tolerant Applications in the AWS Cloud
- Overview of Amazon Web Services
- Compliance Whitepaper
- Architecting for the AWS Cloud
AWS Quick start reference architectures are great for exposing yourself to how Amazon wants you to architect in their environment: https://aws.amazon.com/architecture/
I created a youtube playlist of all the AWS re:Invent sessions with relevant knowledge as well: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd8CslE-o2wedj3baVATx_mgPtNke11t-
3rd party study resources:
- The folks over at https://acloud.guru/ have a fantastic 5-pack for anyone study for an AWS exam, but for the AWS-SA Pro exam simply watching the professional video series is not enough!
- Linuxacademy.com has some great deep dive sections in their pro cert offering and I highly recommend going through that one as well.
- Pluralsight is also an excellent resource, recently they have been publishing several great video tutorials for both Solutions Architect Professional and DevOps Professional.
- I’ve been hosting (and in one instance, presenting) an AWS-SA associate series over at vBrownBag, this is a great source for refreshing your knowledge.
Here are links to the 8 articles for quick reference: